pregnancy | week by week
View by ...
A head of broccoli
Your Baby's Size =
Week 27: Your Baby Is so Busy
Moving around, getting to know your voice and more!
Your baby gets very active at 27 weeks, and you’ll likely feel it very soon. Here are some other changes your baby is going through:
- At week 27, your baby probably weighs almost 2 pounds and is about the length of a head of broccoli.
- Her lungs, liver and immune system keep maturing.
- Your baby might know your voice and your partner’s voice.
- During week 27, your baby is as much as four times longer than she was during the 12th week of your pregnancy.
How to ease the ache.
Heartburn or constipation might occur during your 27th week of pregnancy as a result of your expanding uterus and the impact of hormones on your digestive system. Try these tips to help manage it:
- Watch what you eat, but don’t give up the balanced nutrition your body needs.
- Eat smaller, more frequent meals.
- Eat slowly.
- Avoid eating late at night, and don’t lie down for several hours after eating.
- Ask your doctor about antacids that are OK to take during pregnancy