pregnancy | week by week
View by ...
A large cucumber
Your Baby's Size =
Week 29: Get Ready for a Growth Spurt
Baby is bulking up!
In Week 29 of pregnancy, your baby might best be described as long and strong.
- Your baby probably weighs almost 3 pounds. From crown to rump, the baby is about 10 inches long, which is about the length of a large cucumber.
- Your baby’s activity probably keeps getting stronger and more frequent during the 29th week of pregnancy. Hold on; some of your baby’s jabs might even take your breath away.
- At your 29th week of pregnancy, your baby already might be within almost 3 inches of her birth length, although she still has weight to gain to fill out.
- During the next 11 weeks, your baby might more than double -- or almost triple -- her current weight.
Sneak in More Vitamin C
From fruits and veggies you love.
You might have heard this repeated more than a few times during the last few months, but there’s a very good reason for it. Vitamin C helps your body manufacture the connective tissues that repair and maintain blood vessels. This will be important as your body begins to repair itself after delivery.
Here are some vitamin-rich foods that will help you get your recommended 85 milligrams of vitamin C a day:
- 1 cup of strawberries (100 mg)
- 1 kiwifruit (70 mg)
- 1/2 cup broccoli, cooked (50 mg)
- 1/2 cup of sweet red bell peppers, raw (90 mg)
- 1/2 cup of cantaloupe (30 mg)